Saturday 15 December 2012

Woodlands
















To say I'm a sucker for woodlands would be an understatement.  I love the UK's rugged mountains and moorlands and the feeling of isolation and beauty that they have to offer but and there is a but; for me is somewhere special, it just seems that little more... well wild.  In addition to this each woodland is very different and entering an unexplored woodland is like meeting a new friend.

Nature Landscape Fine Art Abstract Woodland Trees Light Blur Spideyj
Over the years I most of taken hundreds if not thousands of images of woodlands.  Some have been straight documentary shots like those that are seen here; some are art images very abstract and look quite removed from the woodland from where the image originally came from like this one from my archive; and finally it would be a miss of me not to mention my natural history photography.  Images from Bluebells to Nuthatches, from insect to fungi I have done something around much of woodland life yet a few images and indeed species still evade me.

The other shots taken at the same time as the one at the beginning of this post can be found on my Flickr stream here.

Many of the woodland and wildlife shots that I have taken over recent years can be found on my fotothing page here.



3 comments:

  1. Hill are great for clearing the cobwebs but if I relly need to think I head for trees. I don't know what it is that makes me feel grounded around them and more able to think.

    The frosty woods look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps, where was the frosty woodland pictre taken?

    ReplyDelete