Friday 7 December 2012

A Wander on Weets


It was a crisp clear day when I decided that I would venture out to Weets Hill again.  In truth, it was bloody freezing.  The upside of this was that the ground was frozen solid and the sun was shining for a change.

I sometimes believe that it is silly to try and photograph Lancashire landscapes in good weather.  More often than not, when I venture for the hills I tend to end up being damp, wet or very wet and the camera doesn’t come out of the bag that much.

That being said it is fantastic when you do get great light.  I know that everyone says this about their favourite places but there is really no where like Lancashire when the light is great.  Don’t believe me?  Take a look at the last post.  Take that Lake District!

As I was saying, before going on a mild rant, I packed up the camera bag and set off for a wander.  I weren’t going for a sunset or a pretty picture.  I was just going to see how the ground lies for the Haiku project, so this was a record and fact finding mission.  I have to admit here that I am a fan of record photography so most of the time I’m not too worried about the light.  I’m doing what record photographers are supposed to do, record.  However, I did come back with a couple of shots that I do really like.  Will they make the final edit?  I’m not sure yet.  Oh yeah, I also ran in to a couple of people.  Some would say that they are quite big headed though!

 What do I do when it’s raining?  Photograph laundrettes of course.  But that is a whole other post in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Haiku project...what Haiku project?? You have me all intrugued, or have I missed something somewhere??

    PS loved this post, don't know why it have me giggling (easily pleased what can I say lol)

    ReplyDelete