Friday 9 November 2012

Keeping Busy

It's hard to believe its nearly been a month since I last posted on my blog!

Photography is definitely keeping me as busy as possible.

I have several commissions all going on at once.  There is a couple for private clients and consists of mainly environmental portraiture.  However, I am currently working with a nursery school that is branching out in to different areas.  This has been a fantastic little project.  There hasn't been a brief just shoot what I like.  Brilliant for me.  I can let my creative side go a bit more and see what I come up with.

One project that I have been working on is Exploring Landscapes.  This was a research and development phase of a larger project that saw seven artists brought in to work in parks throughout Pennine Lancashire.  Last months Pixel magazine featured Lucy Bergman who was resident in Corporation Park in Blackburn.  I was lucky enough to meet and work with all the artists but in particular with Orly Orbach (pictured above).  The project has been fantastic for parks and for Pennine Lancashire.  For more information about Exploring Landscapes visit http://exploringlandscapes.co.uk/.  This months Pixel (which will be out next week) will feature the project and all the artists.

At the moment my projects have come to a halt.

I'm struggling with Taking Back.  Although there are several images throughout the series that work well as stand alone images they whole series just refuses to gel like it should.  A tough decision may have to be made in the near future.

Watching Sport has taken a bit of a back seat to other work but I hope to pick it back up in the coming weeks.  Of course this all depends on the weather and the conditions being right.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find a way to stick with the Taken Back project. I love the images you have produced so far. Besides the idea has really got under my skin and I keep seeing things all over the place, I'm sure there is a story or a poem in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete