Friday 6 December 2013

Taking to the Stage

This week has been a little different.

I was invited to take photographs at Pendle Council's Mayor's Bit of a Do event at the Colne Municpal Theartre.

The event is a Christmas lunch and cabaret entertainment for the senior citizens of Pendle.  I have to admit it is a great event.

Although I had worked on stage productions before I had never had the opportunity to have a go at stage photography.  So I jumped at the chance to try something new and different.

Although, I wouldn't want to do this on a daily basis I quite enjoyed it but I did learn a couple of things; it helps to know the performers routine.  If you know the song or the jokes/script then you can anticpate the soulful moment or the delivery of the punchline etc; When you think its time to press wait a second a better shot will come around; Get to know the theatre and the best advantage points; and finally, make friends with the lighting engineer.  He's the one that is going to light your subject.  Get some info from him/her!

There are a few of Dom Woodward (comedian), Andrea-Louise and Lee Nelson on my flickr stream and I will be posting some more in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment