Thursday 18 July 2013

News on the Remnants Front


Standing on the Cross
Well the show seems to be going well.  Quite a few people have gone through and had a look at the pictures on the wall.  The exhibition is on for at least another few weeks so if you do get chance please feel free to drop in and have a look.  Why not grab a coffee and some cappuccino cake as well?

I've been a bit quiet on the posting front as of late.  That is due to a couple of reasons.  The first is that I haven't really shot anything of note for at least a week and I wasn't convinced by what I had shot (see last post).  Secondly, I've been shooting on film quite a bit and I need to get the film developed and scanned before I post.  Thirdly, I'm in the middle of building a new toy and this one is special.  More about that in a later post.  Finally, I'm finally getting round to making prints available.

A couple of months ago (Friday 10th May to be exact) I posted about making edition prints rather than limiting a run.  I am now well down the road of doing this.

The gallery has part of the original set hanging on the wall.  These are prints are lightjet prints.  This is now an aging and difficult technology to find but it consists of a huge machine that fires a red, blue and green laser at a sheet of light sensitive paper (photographic paper) this is then developed using tradition wet chemistry techniques.  At the end of the process you have a real photograph produced from a digital negative.

Luckily, I have a printer that is very local to me that can do this for me and I can get actively involved in the process.  I have to say the end result is a stunningly beautiful quality product.

These lightjet prints are what I determine as 1st edition prints.  Each one individually signed and can also be mounted and framed by request.  As of yet, I have not found a way of selling these over the internet but are available directly from me via email and more information is available the same way.

I am also about to release the second edition prints.  These will be available from the internet.  Although the prints are archival (and so the manufacturer says likely to last 150 years) they are produced in a completely different manner and this is reflected in the price.  They are still a quality product and will look good hanging on any wall.  Some of the Remnants images have been uploaded and the rest will go up soon.  They will be available in two formats A4 and A3 sized.  Once the upload is complete I will post a link to the online store.

Look out for the new edition of Pixel Magazine coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment