Tuesday 9 July 2013

Adventures in Motion

Make hay while the sunshines.  That's the adage and I have.

Last night I was out with my local camera club.  We were in one of our local parks and I have my trusty K1000 with me.  Loaded with Kodak 400 colour film I shot nearly a full roll.  Nothing fantastically interesting, just playing to get used to the camera and how it handles.  I have to admit, it does feel very different in my hand than my digital K-x.  That being said, compared to my Pracktica MTL3 and my old Zenits it does feel small, compact and very light. The lenses are nice and compact as well.  The 50mm f2 lens is not much bigger than my 28mm lens; the 135mm lens is similar in length to my digital 18-55mm but not as chunky!  All in all it is becoming a pleasure to shoot again.

I have to admit, I love abstract images and not long ago I came across an article about landscape images taken while in motion.  This sort of appealed to me and I decided to give it a go.  So last night as the sun was setting I strapped the tripod and camera in to the passenger seat, remote to the wheel now to set the camera up.  For this it was a case of aperture priority mode.  I'm not interested in depth of field here I more interested in screwing up the shutter speed.  As a result the aperture was stepped down to f32 with an ISO of 200 (lowest a K-x will go in RAW mode).  Then it was a case of drive!

In post processing I wanted a certain type of look so went for something that was a bit bleach by-pass with a touch more blue added.  These are the first attempts but I have to admit, I'm quite liking the results so far.

Remnants is still on at La Dolce Vita in Colne.  Why not pop there, have a coffee and a panini while walking around and having a look at my prints!  Try the cappuccino cake, it's gorgeous!!!

Coming up - I've been working on something quite beautiful!  Look out for the new edition of Pixel coming out in the next couple of days!



No comments:

Post a Comment