Monday 14 November 2011

A Productive Weekend

This weekend has been particularly productive.

The Remnants project continues to grow.  Just when I think I've added more than enough images to it, I find another location that I have to shoot and add in.  At some point, I'm going to have to say stop and leave it well alone!

From Saturday morning you could tell it was going to be a nice sunset.  So about an hour before, I headed down to the Ribble, set up, sat and waited.  I shot three different aspects of the river at sunset and I have to say that looking at them in Lightroom, I think there are some gorgeous images to be had.  The one on the left is the first one out.  It's only in a rough edit so isn't quite perfect, but I think it's lovely for a start and a sneak peak!

I also finished editing the images for a clients portraiture session.  I quite happy with the finished article and I'm sure the client will be.  I think I've definitely got the essence they were looking for.

Tonight is the Presidents Prize night at Blackburn and District Camera Club.  It is also the last chance to obtain Photographer of the Year points.  At the moment I'm lying in fifth place, considering I haven't done much competing this year, I'm quite happy with that!  The interesting fight is in the beginners section where only one point separates the leaders!  Should be an interesting night!

No comments:

Post a Comment