Thursday 6 November 2014

Messing with a purpose


The last few months have been hard.  A bout of illness has left me feeling uninspired and a tad unproductive.  Yes, I've done a little and I believe I have done it well but trying to find the motivation to pick up at least one of my cameras has been a challenge.  It's a rarity that rolls of film that have been put in my bag to shoot with haven't left the canisters they came in.

On Monday, I visited my camera club well, I say my camera club, we were actually visiting Darwen as one of our joint evenings.  The guest speaker was Barry Payling.  Barry is a well respected photographer who shies away from digital and continues to shoot with his Hasselblad on Velvia film.  Not only that he shows his slides (real ones, not digital) on a Hasselblad projector.  Barry proved to be a good speaker with some very nice images.  Not everything was to my taste but there were some that I did enjoy.  The most important thing about Monday night, for me, was seeing my photography friends again.  It has given me the kick up the backside that I needed.  So, this week, while the weather was nice I actually managed to get out and shoot some pictures.  Nothing too serious, just messing really but messing with a purpose.

I’m not sure if it’s time to get back working on my essays again.  It might be a little too soon but as things improves it will come back around.  For now, it was nice to to shoot.
The rest can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment